True or False? According to the fine print on the bottle. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo can clear the symptoms of dandruff, eczema and psoriasis. In this article we will find out if this statement is true. We will also inspect ingredients, read multiple testimonies, test lather levels, and analyze all aspects of Shea Moisture’s Deep Cleansing Shampoo. Welcome to my Shea Moisture Shampoo review.
Shea Moisture Origins
Shea Moisture was established in 1912 by a lady named Sofi Tucker. She was a widow with four children. At first, she sold Shea Nuts and then she moved on to selling Shea Butter and other products. African Black Soap was her legacy.
Now her Grandchildren carry out the Shea Moisture product line. The company sells personnel care products that continue to grow in popularity.
Shea Moisture Products
– Hair Masques
What do Dandruff, Eczema and Psoriasis all have in Common?
First of all, why does dandruff, eczema and psoriasis appear? They all appear for many reasons. Toxicity and deficiency from poor eating habits can be one reason. Weather, lack of exercise, or harsh chemicals from tap water and other products can be another reason. To learn more about skin disorders click here.
Many people speculate that scalp psoriasis, eczema and dandruff are not the same thing but generally have the same symptoms. Scalp Psoriasis usually starts to flake after forming on patches of inflammation. Scalp Eczema can flake whether skin is dry, inflamed, or even normal.
Although Scalp Psoriasis and Scalp Eczema are considered long term, they still flake in the end like regular dandruff does. Regular dandruff comes and goes and can be considered a short term disorder.
Three different disorders sharing the same final symptom, which is dandruff flakes. For the sake of this review, we will refer to them all by their final symptom: dandruff.
Does Shea Moisture Shampoo Clear the Symptoms of Dandruff?
Dandruff can be prevented but can it also be completely removed?
Multiple testimonies confirm that Shea Moisture Shampoo does indeed clear the symptoms of dandruff but not completely. After purchasing a bottle and using Shea Moisture Shampoo on a friend with dandruff. Results show a major decrease in flakes. Although a small percentage of dandruff remains, a high percentage seems to have been cleared.
What are the Ingredients of Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo?
The reason Shea Moisture Shampoo clears the symptoms of dandruff is because of it’s ingredients.
Shea Moisture’s Deep Cleansing Shampoo contains a medium amount of ingredients. Most are natural. Here is the list of all the ingredients Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo contains.
– Deionized Water
– Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil)
– African Black Soap
– Salicylic Acid
– Salix Alba (willow) Bark Extract
– Melia Azaduirachta (Neem) Seed Oil
– Charcoal Powder
– Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
– Simmondsia Chinen Seed (Joioba) Oil
– Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil
– Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
– Vitamin E
– Rosemary Extract
– Plaintain Extract
– Lonicera Caprifolium (Honey Suckle) Flower
– Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle)
– Flower Extract
What Was Not Added to Shea Moisture’s Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Every product line is proud of itself for one reason or another. This is a list of claims that Shea Moisture’s African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo is proud to mention.
– No Sulfates
– No Parabens
– No Phthalates
– No Paraffin
– No Propylene Glycol
– No Mineral Oil
– No Synthetic Fragrance
– No Synthetic Color
– No Dea
– No Animal Testing
Shea Moisture Shampoo Review From Other Buyers on Amazon
A Shea Moisture Shampoo Review can be found anywhere online. Here is a list of what reviewers are saying.
– “Does Not Irritate Scalp”
– “Does Not Strip Moisture or Color”
– “Is A Gentle Cleanser That Gets the Job Done”
– “Is a Deep Cleaner for the Scalp”
– “Keeps Scalp Itch Free”
– “Keeps Scalp Squeeky Clean”
– “Hair Remains Pretty Silky”
– “Haven’t Had any Dandruff or Itchy Scalp Since Using This Product”
– “Smells Great”
– “Better Than Using Coal Tar Shampoos on a Regular Basis”
– “Reasonable Price”
– “Gives My Hair and Scalp a Very Thorough Cleaning Without Stripping it”
– “Hair Feels Soft and Shiny and My Scalp Feels Fresh and Renewed”
– “My Hair Has Never Been so Soft and Manageable”
– “Using This Every day and Haven’t Had Issues Since”
– “Excellent For Those With Dry Scalp and Need of a Cleanse”
– “Helps get out Buildup and Really Helps with My Dry Flaky Scalp”
– “Pleasant Smell and a Good Clean Feeling”
– “It Finishes Off With a Soft, Clean and Flake Free Scalp”
– “It’s the Answer to Excess Buildup on Your Scalp”
– “Started Working Right Away”
– “I Can Feel My Hair Tangling as I Massage My Scalp and Leaves My Hair Somewhat Parched.”
– “Wouldn’t Be Able to Use This on a Regular Basis”
– “I Found Other Shampoos for Eczema that Worked Much Better”
– “It Goes so Fast. I Have to Use a Lot to Clean My Hair”
– “Kind of Expensive”
– “Has a Really Thin/Watery Consistency”
– “Hardly Lathers”
As a subjective statement. On a scale of 1-10, Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo gets an over all lather level score of 6. Which isn’t too bad but it’s not that great either.
While using Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo in the shower. I noticed I would have to use a generous amount just to get a decent lather effect.
Other then scoring a 6 out of 10 on a lather level scale. Lather will indeed emerge after scrubbing long enough.
What Are Some Dandruff Fighting Ingredients In Shea Moisture Deep Cleansing Shampoo?
The following ingredients in Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo fight inflammation, itching and dandruff.
- Plaintain Enzyme – Calms Irritation and Itching.
- Tea Tree Oil – Removes Dandruff Flakes, Adds Shine and Volume.
- Willow Bark Extract – Exfoliates and Detoxifies Hair and Scalp.
- E Vitamin – Regulates Inflammation because of it’s antioxidants. Antioxidants protect cells from free radicals as it decreases inflammation.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice – Eases Dandruff and Temporarily Removes Flakes.
- Rosemary Extract – Contains Carnosic Acid, Which Counters Damage by Free Radicals.
- Coconut Oil – Has Similar Fatty Acids as Skin. Used as a Dry Skin Lotion Because it Nourishes, Moisturizes, Decreases Inflammation and Removes Flakes.
- Charcoal Powder – Removes Dandruff Buildup.
- Neem Seed Oil – Treats Dandruff and Itchy Scalp by Making Scalp Smooth.
True or False?
The answer to the original question is true. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo really does clear the symptoms of dandruff, scalp psoriasis and scalp eczema. The ingredients contained within make this possible.
Personally, I really do feel that Shea Moisture lives up to it’s well earned reputation. It deep cleans the dandruff away and leaves your scalp feeling fresh, clean, and silky smooth.
So far we have discussed the Origins of Shea Moisture which dates back to 1912. We have discussed Shea Moisture Shampoo living up to its expectations of clearing the symptoms of dandruff flakes. And finally we have discussed the pros and cons of using Shea Moisture’s Deep Cleansing Shampoo.
Here is the link If you are Interested in Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo.
If You Want to Compliment the Shampoo
Shea Moisture’s Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Masque are what I have used in the past to blast dandruff away. But some people just love conditioner too. If you want the conditioner to compliment the shampoo, here is the link below.
Also consider.. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Conditioner.
A Higher Recommendation to Compliment the Shampoo
To leave your scalp moist, feeling fresh, looking clear, acting like a million bucks, and with only a decimal point of dandruff left. I highly recommend using Shea Moisture African Black Soap Dandruff Control Hair Masque too. I personally leave this stuff on my scalp in the shower for five minutes. Most dandruff left behind by it’s brothers shampoo and conditioner would be ALMOST extinct after using this hair masque.
With utmost conviction, I really feel that the three products mentioned above live up to their names. It deep cleans the dandruff away and leaves your scalp feeling fresh, clean, and silky smooth.
Learn How to Cure Dandruff and Inflammation
This was the “Shea Moisture Shampoo Review” section of this website where Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo was talked about in full. If you have inflammatory skin issues like psoriasis and eczema, don’t worry because despite what the doctors say, it can be cured!
To understand why skin disorders happen in the first place read this, and if you really want to stop the problem permanently. I would suggest you also read “The Do List” and “The Don’t List” on this website.
Imperative reading material also includes
Thank you for reading this part of my website. Feel free to leave me a comment or question below. I will respond.